Enjoy this gallery - a small sampling of the excitement we had this summer. From standard art staples such as Canvas Painting and Clay Sculpting, to refreshing workshops in Printmaking and Theater Improv, it was our goal to expand our definition of Art - and provide new means of self-expression for your children. Thank you to everyone who joined us the last few months. We look forward to doing it all over again next year!
Most of you who know me well are familiar with my work as a music instructor at the Creative Arts & Music Center. It has been a privilege over the near decade of lessons to meet so many wonderful families and guide their children along the gratifying path of musicianship. More than just a workplace, the Center and the people around me have gotten me through the most challenging experiences in my life and also provided me with some of my most gratifying moments. The place has really become a second home.
It is with this in mind that I'm so excited to finally announce that - as of January this year - Jen and I have become the owners of this wonderful place. We are so appreciative of this position and we're honored to foster love for The Arts within the wonderful community that is Granite Bay.
On behalf of our family, I'd like to thank everyone that has supported us through the years for bringing us to this point. We know the road won't ever be easy, but we're motivated to make you proud and we're bolstered by your belief in us.
Thanks so much for everything! If you know anyone interested in nurturing their passion for art or music, please send them our way!
Lots and lots of love,
We are so excited to announce the latest addition to the Creative Arts & Music Center's wonderful programs: Me Time: Art for Adults!
FULFILLING ART EXPERIENCES AREN'T JUST FOR KIDS
Have you ever wished to rekindle your love of art? Get hands-on assistance with your own creations while learning new skills and techniques from an instructor. Hone in your artistic abilities and reawaken your creative side in a class designed for adults. Discover new mediums, new talents, and new friends while enjoying some time to yourself.
For more information about Me Time, please click here.
In honor of our wonderful planet, here is a list of fun and easy ways you can celebrate Earth Day as a family!
- Ride your bikes together, instead of drive.
- Go on a scavenger hunt, complete with a list of nature-related things to find, and a magnifying glass for added fun.
- Pack a picnic and eat outdoors; enjoy your surroundings (this is why we want to preserve the environment for our kids and THEIR kids too!).
- Grow a home garden together, complete with fruits and veggie seeds of their choosing.
- Buy your kids re-usable drink-ware, and reduce the need for plastic water bottles.
- Visit your local park and have a litter pick-up-party; remember to wear gloves!
- Donate your kids’ old clothes and toys to another family, instead of throwing them in the trash.
- Grow your own butterflies at home, and when they emerge from their cocoons, release them in your flower beds.
- Spend a family day free of electricity; no phones, TV, media, or lights. Play board games or enjoy the outdoors!
- Make some Earth Day crafts with your kids! For bird feeders, cover pine cones with shortening and smother in oatmeal and corn meal. Or gather your paper scraps, cardboard boxes, and take some paint to make a creative collage. Maybe bring your kids outside to sketch the beautiful scenery, and remind us all why Earth Day is so important - to preserve our world’s beauty!
This Fun Friday (April 20th), we are also hosting a fun project using recycled materials to create adorable animal planters. For details on that workshop and to sign up, visit this link.
We are excited to announce our new Junior Renaissance program!
Starting in March, the Creative Arts & Music Center will be kicking off our new class for kids ages 3-5 with our new teacher, Miss Karen. We would love to have you come and experience the joy your children will have in the class and so we will be hosting a FREE Open House! Come explore our vast farmhouse property, meet our amazing credentialed instructor, and help us usher in this new arts and music program for little ones at our Center.
Here are the details:
JUNIOR RENAISSANCE OPEN HOUSE with Miss Karen
Tuesday AND Thursday, March 6th and 8th @ 9:30am-11:30am
Creative Arts & Music Center
6210 Douglas Blvd
Granite Bay, CA 95746
If you are interested in joining the fun, please register here.
Join us on our budding Instagram (@canvasandkeys) and show us some love. You just might win!
All month long, each "Love" on our Feb photos is an entry into our drawing for free art classes. Must be a follower to win. Winner to be announced on March 3rd!
Prize is valid for one free month of Fine Arts, Teen Sketch, or Cartooning Classes and is non-transferable.
It's another exciting year at the Center, and we are planning many new workshops and class opportunities for our community! Please be sure to sign up online and receive our updates. Changes are coming!